QP is a leading company specialising in the design, engineering and management of the built environment, infrastructure, archaeological and geomatics services.
To strengthen QPs expanding operations locally and overseas, we are seeking proactive ARCHAEOLOGISTS to join our team in MALTA.
Duties would include:
- Pre-development heritage consultation and compilation of assessments;
- Compilation of Surveillance Data Sheet documents;
- Monitoring and on-site coordination of projects;
- Archaeological investigations and on-site technical documentation, including surveying techniques;
- Post-excavations including the examining, cleaning, preservation and/or conservation, treatment and documentation of artefacts;
- The creation of an investigation archive of catalogued records;
- Illustrations and photography of archaeological artefacts/remains and other related works;
- Site coordination as and when necessary to organize investigative works, liaising with the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage and being responsible for the completion of the site archive;
- Non-intrusive field walking studies as authorised by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage;
- Adhering to high standards of ethical and responsible behaviour in the conduct of archaeological services as directed by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage.
- A minimum degree in archaeology obtained from a recognised University;
- Knowledge about Maltese archaeology;
- Able to collaborate effectively in a team;
- Flexibility would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
The successful will be offered training and work alongside experienced archaeologists until the required licence is obtained from the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage, where applicable.
You are invited to send in your detailed CV together to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.