QP is a leading company specialising in the design, engineering and management of the built environment, infrastructure, archaeological and geomatics services.
To strengthen QPs expanding operations locally and overseas, we are seeking proactive ARCHAEOLOGISTS to join our team in MALTA.
Duties would include:
- Pre-development heritage consultation and compilation of assessments
- Compilation of Surveillance Data Sheet documents
- Monitoring and on-site coordination of projects
- Archaeological investigations and on-site technical documentation, including surveying techniques
- Post-excavations including the examining, cleaning, preservation and/or conservation, treatment and documentation of artefacts
- The creation of an investigation archive of catalogued records
- Illustrations and photography of archaeological artefacts/remains and other related works
- Site coordination as and when necessary to organize investigative works, liaising with the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage and being responsible for the completion of the site archive
- Non-intrusive field walking studies as authorised by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage
- Adhering to high standards of ethical and responsible behaviour in the conduct of archaeological services as directed by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage.
- A minimum degree in archaeology obtained from a recognised University
- Knowledge about Maltese archaeology
- Experience in development-led projects would be considered an asset
- Able to collaborate effectively in a team
- Flexibility would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
The successful will be offered training and work alongside experienced archaeologists until the required licence is obtained from the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage, where applicable.
You are invited to send in your detailed CV together to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
To strengthen QPs expanding operations locally and overseas, we are seeking to recruit a proactive SUSTAINABILITY ENGINEER to join our team in MALTA.
The chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for sustainability management however, s/he will also be expected to assist the mechanical and engineering team as needed. Duties shall include:
- Developing the Sustainability Management Business Plan and identifying sustainability-related business opportunities within the market.
- Promoting, performing and concluding Energy Audits;
- Advising the project team on energy use and conservation of energy in projects aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint;
- Providing strategic low-energy design concepts and development of such concepts;
- Identifying sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlighting any opportunities to increase the organisation’s sustainability credentials;
- Conducting LEED/BREEAM pre-assessments and providing the necessary design advice accordingly, in line with LEED / BREEAM accreditation;
- Undertaking gap analysis reports should the desired ratings not be achieved/achievable;
- Preparing low and zero-carbon technology feasibility studies and energy statements for local authority approval as part of planning applications;
- Coordinating and promoting sustainability requirements designs with that of other design competences deployed on projects including but not limited to architects, engineers, health and safety, interior designers, project managers, cost managers and all project sub-consultants;
- Developing and updating Sustainability engineering concepts and project briefs combining aesthetics with practical considerations.
- Supporting the team, while maintaining the integrity of designs through robust change control and project processing techniques from conception to completion, ensuring a seamless document flow in the process;
- With an emphasis on sustainability, designing, developing and managing new technologies that integrate into existing systems and services, while also recommending improved design management systems to the team and the Company
- Designing and supervising the installation of building services in new or existing buildings, including all equipment and materials involved with heating, lighting, ventilation, air-conditioning, electrical distribution, water supply, sanitation, public health, fire protection, safety systems, lifts, escalators, facade engineering and acoustics.
- Schematic design, concept design, developed design, detailed design, supervision, testing and commissioning of integrated building services systems;
- Approving materials, plants and workshop designs in line with contract documentation;
- Planning and scheduling work according to master schedules;
- Managing and forecasting costs, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is done within budget;
- Assisting in payment applications, variations and claims;
- Assisting in designing site-specific equipment as required;
- Monitoring and maintaining building systems and processes, specifying maintenance and operating procedures, while managing expired systems and equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment;
- A recognized professional qualification in this field preferably in sustainability and/or environmental engineering or a related field. A master’s degree in a relevant subject would be considered an asset.
- Preferably possessing LEED/BREEAM accreditation or similar;
- A proven track record with experience performing sustainability management and engineering duties in projects of high complexity and scale;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and/or related programs, BIM and/or other related design, engineering and sustainability systems;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail, influencing skills, and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity;
- A collaborative approach with the ability to maximize short-term requirements and output whilst building long-term productive relationships;
- Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision-making, being able to take decisions as and when needed in the interest of efficiency;
- Strong technical understanding of low-carbon building solutions
You are invited to send in your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.