Working at QP
When joining QP, you get the opportunity to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and challenging environment, being exposed to numerous projects, clientele, disciplines and developmental experiences. You also become part of a dynamic and diverse team that is truly pioneering construction design and engineering. With 18 different nationalities comprising our various teams, QP brings talent and opportunities together to create iconic and transformational projects in various countries such as Malta, Kiev, Brussels, Prague, Africa and more.
Inspired by creativity and driven by passion, we strive to exceed our own and clients’ expectations with excellence, innovation, integration of clients’ objectives, seamless design, engineering and management and continuous collaboration within our teams. Recruiting the best talent, we team up through our combined professional experiences to develop our teams as we continue to create some of the most unconventional spatial and design concepts, across the various cities we work in. Together, our expert and highly talented staff are involved in some of the most cutting-edge projects. We emphasise sustainability to change the built environment for future generations, combining aesthetics with practicality and well-being, while simultaneously overcoming the ever demanding challenges related to the industry in an environmentally conscious climate.
Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Designing and supervising the installation of all main services in new or existing buildings, including all equipment and materials involved with heating, lighting, ventilation, air-conditioning, electrical distribution, ELV, water supply, sanitation, public health, fire protection, safety systems, lifts, escalators, facade engineering and acoustics;
- Designing, developing and managing new technologies that integrate into existing systems and services;
- Leading specific M&E project assignments and tasks related to the full implementation of building services;
- Approving materials, plants and workshop designs in line with contract documentation;
- Assisting in the management and forecasting of costs, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is done within budget;
- Assisting in payment applications, variations and claims;
- Designing site-specific equipment as required;
- Monitoring and maintaining building systems and processes, specifying maintenance and operating procedures, while managing expired systems and equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment;
- Performing Energy Audits;
- Performing testing and commissioning of systems;
- Ensuring that proper ’As Built’ documentation is provided by contractors and other stakeholders;
- Ensuring project Quality Assurance throughout the lifecycle of projects, while rectifying issues as they arise;
- Inspecting and delivering supervision services on project sites to ensure compliance with the contract documents, legislations, company and professional standards, health and safety protocols and codes of practice.
- Ensuring that all Building Services aspects of the project are properly managed and controlled.
- A recognized professional building services engineering degree or a related qualification in this field. A master’s degree in a relevant subject would be considered an asset.
- Preferably possessing LEED/BREEAM accreditation or similar;
- A proven track record with experience performing building services engineering duties including concept, scheme and detail design across a range of sectors and in projects of high complexity and scale;
- Preferably a chartered / warranted engineer;
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances;
- A solid understanding of quality assurance, safety and environmental sustainability;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad and Microsoft Office. BIM and/or other related design and engineering systems as Revit, Hevacomp and IES would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail, influencing skills, assertiveness and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity;
- Collaborative approach with the ability to maximize short-term requirements and output whilst building long-term productive relationships;
- Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision-making, being able to take decisions as and when needed in the interest of efficiency;
Candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.