Working at QP
When joining QP, you get the opportunity to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and challenging environment, being exposed to numerous projects, clientele, disciplines and developmental experiences. You also become part of a dynamic and diverse team that is truly pioneering construction design and engineering. With 17 different nationalities comprising our various teams, QP brings talent and opportunities together to create iconic and transformational projects in various countries such as Malta, Kiev, Brussels, Prague, Africa and more.
Inspired by creativity and driven by passion, we strive to exceed our own and clients’ expectations with excellence, innovation, integration of clients’ objectives, seamless design, engineering and management and continuous collaboration within our teams. Recruiting the best talent, we team up through our combined professional experiences to develop our teams as we continue to create some of the most unconventional spatial and design concepts, across the various cities we work in. Together, our expert and highly talented staff are involved in some of the most cutting-edge projects. We emphasise sustainability to change the built environment for future generations, combining aesthetics with practicality and well-being, while simultaneously overcoming the ever demanding challenges related to the industry in an environmentally conscious climate.
Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible the following duties:
- Carrying out the duties of an Architect Assistant including but not limited to assisting in the architectural design of projects from the conceptual phase through to construction, preparing concept sketches, and architectural, planning, construction and technical drawings and documents as well as preparing architectural and landscaping detailing work;
- Assisting the architectural team with dimensional surveys of buildings;
- Preparing and developing block plans, layout plans, elevations and cross sections in architectural, planning and construction drawings;
- Assisting in preparing and developing 3D-modelling and visual imagery for architectural projects;
- Preparing and developing area schedules for architectural projects and other related projects;
- Preparing and developing aperture schedules or schedules relating to other architectural components, including developing product data sheets;
- Undertaking works related to the Planning Authority (PA), liaising with the PA, environmental and other Authorities and organizations for planning consent and any other associated permits and clearances while also preparing and developing drawings and documents required for applications at the appropriate stages of each project;
- Inspecting and delivering supervision services on project sites to ensure compliance with contract documents, professional and company standards, health and safety, and codes of practice;
- Meeting with the various stakeholders to coordinate plans and make sure all requirements are met;
- Preparing regular progress reports and any required meeting minutes;
- Ensuring the use of advanced design and presentation software in preparing architectural plans, using a variety of media in the development and documentation of design projects;
- A recognized architectural degree or a related qualification in this field.
- A proven track record working as an architect assistant with experience working on a variety of architectural projects including hospitality, residential and/or commercial projects, among others;
- Highly cognizant and abreast with all applicable standards, legislations and practices applicable to the construction industry in Malta;
- A solid understanding in local Planning Authority policies;
- A valid driving licence required;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad, REVIT and Microsoft Office;
- Proactive approach to learning new software as may be required for particular design assignments;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail, influencing skills, assertiveness and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity;
- Ability to anticipate project requirements and to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals;
- Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision-making, being able to take decisions as and when needed in the interest of efficiency;
- A motivated team player demonstrating an eager and positive work ethic;
Candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV together with their accompanying portfolio on firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.