When joining QP, you get the opportunity to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and challenging environment, being exposed to numerous projects, clientele, disciplines and developmental experiences. You also become part of a dynamic and diverse team that is truly pioneering construction design and engineering. With 18 different nationalities comprising our various teams, QP brings talent and opportunities together to create iconic and transformational projects in various countries such as Malta, Kiev, Brussels, Prague, Africa and more.
Inspired by creativity and driven by passion, we strive to exceed our own and clients’ expectations with excellence, innovation, integration of clients’ objectives, seamless design, engineering and management and continuous collaboration within our teams. Recruiting the best talent, we team up through our combined professional experiences to develop our teams as we continue to create some of the most unconventional spatial and design concepts, across the various cities we work in. Together, our expert and highly talented staff are involved in some of the most cutting-edge projects. We emphasise sustainability to change the built environment for future generations, combining aesthetics with practicality and well-being, while simultaneously overcoming the ever-demanding challenges related to the industry in an environmentally conscious climate.
Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Assistant Project Manager Role
- Managing communication, coordination and transmission of information between stakeholders.
- Reviewing documents/information before submission/circulation, acquiring the approval of the approver.
- Assisting with the preparation, updating and issuing of the project management plan, risk register, procurement plan, progress reports also with regard to cost, tender reports, meeting minutes and all other reports, for the development and efficient and effective operational functioning of the project. Such documents must be produced in Ukrainian and / or English.
- Reporting & recording all other project works as necessary (in Ukrainian /English when relevant)
- Formally communicating with the client (in English) and meeting with the client to ensure that all requirements are met in line with their business needs and objectives;
- Assisting in assessing the contractor’s bids and coordinating commercial reviews.
- Supporting the management of all contractual and administrative aspects of the project.
- Supporting the coordination of all project requirements including leading the client interface and coordinating the multi-disciplinary design team members and all stakeholders to deliver complex programmes of works according to plan;
- Collaborating with document controllers and other team members to ensure that the detailed systematic flow of information amongst all interested project team members matches the status of the assigned task/s;
- Monitoring that the objectives contained in project documents are achieved;
- Assisting in ensuring QA/QC, carrying out early quantity inspections on site while also taking the necessary remedial action in a timely manner;
- Willing to work the necessary extra hours as may be needed from time to time to meet client requirements, timeframes and deadlines.
Site Supervisor Role
- To assist the senior project manager and relative senior partners with the direct management of the contractor, responsible for the commencement of construction works (to set out the site and organise facilities).
- To assist in ensuring that the contractor’s logistic plan is implemented efficiently and reviewed to ensure the safety of the public at interfaces with the construction works.
- To supervise, daily, on site, the contractor’s/s’ and sub-contractor’s/s’ works (site inspections).
- To monitor and report daily (site reports) the tasks and activities performed by the contractor.
- To verify, at all times, that the health and safety standards, applicable by law, and the project EH&S plan, are effectively enforced by the contractor, reporting any breach or non-compliance.
- To assist with planning, scheduling, and instructing contractor’s/s’ works according to the baseline program and using the construction planning software.
- To report progress accurately, measured against the baseline project program.
- To assist with ensuring that the QA and QC procedures are implemented by the contractor and to produce all necessary required documentation, records, reports etc.
- To assist in resolving problems that the contractor/s and sub-contractor/s might encounter.
- To work with, maintain, and verify the implementation of the document control system for the project
- To participate, with the contractor and consultants, in establishing the Quality inspections / control, procedures and criteria.
- To ensure high quality finishing works and installation of engineering systems.
- To report, record and issue non-compliance reports (NCRs) and manage the closing out of all NCR during the life time of the construction.
- To work with the cost manager / quantity surveyor in providing the accurate information necessary to issue payment certificates.
- To monitor and control the timely submission from the contractor of the executive documentation needed to be produced for the project completion.
- The individual will have a recognized professional qualification in the areas of Project management or Construction Management with a proven track record of project management experience, this including site experience.
- Professional experience demonstrating successful delivery of complex projects, with multi-disciplinary teams from inception to completion.
- A valid local supervisor Certificate on CC2 grade of consequences (responsibility) of the buildings (must have).
- A proven track record of working with high quality finishing works and installation of engineering systems according to local norms and construction code/s.
- A solid number of years’ experience working on estimations of preparatory work and quality estimations after plastering (flatness, mortar quality, correct application of layers).
- The candidate would preferably be a member of the RICS or have other satisfactory/equivalent membership.
- Highly cognizant and abreast with all applicable standards, legislations, practices and procedures (including contract administration) applicable to the construction industry in Ukraine, particularly in Kiev.
- Exposure and conceptual understanding of contract law and pricing is necessary;
- Experience in delivering luxury hotel projects from concept to completion;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; computer-aided design (CAD) software and specialist construction management computer applications;
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
- Ability to work under pressure and oriented to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment, on a daily basis;
- The candidate would need to demonstrate attention to detail, leadership and negotiation skills as well as influencing skills, and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity;
- Collaborative approach with ability to maximize short-term requirements and output whilst building long-term productive relationships;
- Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision making;
- Experienced and comfortable with the operation of industry standard forms of contract;
Candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.