To strengthen QPs expanding operations locally and overseas, we are seeking to recruit a proactive INTEGRATED BUILDING SERVICES ENGINEER to join our team in MALTA.
Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Designing and supervising the installation of all main services in new or existing buildings, including all equipment and materials involved with heating, lighting, ventilation, air-conditioning, electrical distribution, ELV, water supply, sanitation, public health, fire protection, safety systems, lifts, escalators;
- Designing, developing and managing new technologies that integrate into existing systems and services;
- Leading specific M&E project assignments and tasks related to the full implementation of building services;
- Assisting in payment applications, variations and claims;
- Monitoring and maintaining building systems and processes, specifying maintenance and operating procedures, while managing expired systems and equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment;
- Witness testing and commissioning of M&E systems;
- Ensuring that proper ’As Built’ documentation is provided by contractors and other stakeholders;
- Ensuring project Quality Assurance throughout the lifecycle of projects, while rectifying issues as they arise;
- Inspecting and delivering supervision services on project sites to ensure compliance with the contract documents, legislations, company and professional standards, health and safety protocols and codes of practice.
- Ensuring that all Building Services aspects of the project are properly managed and controlled.
- A recognized professional building services engineering degree or a related qualification in this field. A master’s degree in a relevant subject would be considered an asset.
- A proven track record with experience performing building services engineering duties including concept, scheme and detail design across a range of sectors and in projects of high complexity and scale;
- Preferably a chartered / warranted engineer;
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances;
- A solid understanding of quality assurance, safety and environmental sustainability;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad and Microsoft Office. BIM and/or other related design and engineering systems as Revit, Hevacomp and IES would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail, influencing skills, assertiveness and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity;
- Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision-making, being able to take decisions as and when needed in the interest of efficiency;
Candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.