To strengthen QPs expanding operations locally and overseas, we are seeking to recruit a proactive QUANTITY SURVEYOR to join our team in MALTA.
Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Calculating quantities and measurements of specific building elements based on drawings and other contract documents for detailed estimates.
- Providing benchmarking data, including unit costs for builds/unit rate analysis.
- Compiling measurements of executed works against contract agreement bills of quantities.
- Reviewing contractor monthly progress drawdown claims.
- Attending client meetings and site visits when required.
- Carrying out research and price checking of items in the market, to assist in compiling the project and cost data information.
- Monitoring any risks and escalating project issues to the next level of management as and when required.
- Ensuring all certifications for works executed are accurate and issued on a punctual basis.
- Providing comprehensive proposals to both existing and new clients to expand and maintain client relations
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Science, Engineering, or Construction Engineering and/or a recognized professional qualification in this field with several years of experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in estimating and cost consulting.
- Hold either a MRICS, or Cost Engineers Designation, or have other satisfactory/equivalent membership;
- A proven record of accomplishment working as a quantity surveyor in various projects, including residential, commercial, infrastructural, hospitality etc.
- Highly cognizant and abreast with all applicable standards, legislations and practices applicable to the construction industry in Malta, including but not limited to public and private owners, general contractors, sub-trades, contracts, pricing, method of measurement, and more.
- A valid driving license is required to carry out site visits, valuations, bills of quantities and surveys;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft programmes, AutoCad, and CostX or similar cost-estimating software.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal communication, and conflict resolution skills as well as attention to detail;
Candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.