Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Carrying out the duties of a quantity surveyor including but not limited to the project budgets, bills of quantities, project estimates, tender evaluations, development of cost plans, assisting in the drafting of contracts (mainly FIDIC), contract management, assessment of variations, close out of project finances and such other responsibilities attached to a role of this kind, with particular relevance to building services;
- Abiding by policies and procedures in relation to quantity surveying structures and systems and construction codes, including technical standards, procedures and parameters, procedures for communication and coordination between the members of the project team, as well as the distribution of information and documentation in relation to quantity surveying and contractual matters;
- Estimating quantities and costs of materials for the various projects involved in;
- Procurement and vetting of contractor quotations and packages, assisting the Senior Partner with advising clients on preferred procurement routes, costs and cash flow;
- Carrying out monthly verification of application for payments and issuing accurate corresponding payment certifications /valuations (interim payment certificates);
- Measuring, valuing and submitting variations when and as needed;
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating project final accounts;
- Managing and approving subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts;
- Preparing tender and contractual documentation, leading to tender selection and appraisal;
- Preparing recommendations for Clients’ approval.
- Liaising with the professional team and assisting with the preparation of tender reports;
- Preparing documentation to confirm adjustments to tender sums;
- You have a degree in Quantity Surveying or Building Services Engineering with quantity surveying specialisation and/or a recognized professional qualification in this field with several years’ experience;
- You would preferably be a member of the RICS or have other satisfactory/equivalent membership;
- A proven track record working as a quantity surveyor in various projects, including residential, commercial, infrastructural, hospitality etc.
- Highly cognizant and abreast with all applicable standards, legislations and practices applicable to the construction industry in Malta;
- A valid driving licence required to carry out site visits, valuations, bills of quantities and surveys;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad, and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in BIM and/or other related design systems would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail, influencing skills, assertiveness and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity;
- Demonstrate resilience, leadership and negotiation skills;
You are invited to send in your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.