Working at QP
When joining QP, you get the opportunity to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and challenging environment, being exposed to numerous projects, clientele, disciplines and developmental experiences. You also become part of a dynamic and diverse team that is truly pioneering construction design and engineering. With 25 different nationalities comprising our various teams, QP brings talent and opportunities together to create iconic and transformational projects in various countries such as Malta, Kiev, Brussels, Prague, Africa and more.
Inspired by creativity and driven by passion, we strive to exceed our own and clients’ expectations with excellence, innovation, integration of clients’ objectives, seamless design, engineering and management and continuous collaboration within our teams. Recruiting the best talent, we team up through our combined professional experiences to develop our teams as we continue to create some of the most unconventional spatial and design concepts, across the various cities we work in. Together, our expert and highly talented staff are involved in some of the most cutting-edge projects. We emphasise sustainability to change the built environment for future generations, combining aesthetics with practicality and well-being, while simultaneously overcoming the ever demanding challenges related to the industry in an environmentally conscious climate.
- To act as the key point of contact for the day-to-day successful delivery of cost management services across one or multiple commissions.
- To provide excellent service delivery to clients, gain their trust and enhance the Company’s reputation.
- To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre-contract to handover.
- To uphold QP values and ethics whilst delivering service excellence.
Working on a full-time basis, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Interfacing and effective communication with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the following accountabilities.
- Ensuring high quality accurate estimates and cost plans are submitted in a timely manner
- Cost plans / estimates are clearly and effectively articulated to clients.
- Understanding of key cost drivers and abnormalities for projects and have the ability to identify best value opportunities / solutions for the client.
- Producing pre-contract, post-contract and ad-hoc reports and presenting them to the client.
- Overseeing the production of full Bills of Quantities in line with the relevant standard methods of measurements
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable.
- Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Engineering and/or a recognized professional qualification in this field with several years’ experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in estimating and cost consulting.
- Hold either a MRICS, or Cost Engineers Designation, or have other satisfactory/equivalent membership;
- A proven record of accomplishment working as a quantity surveyor in various projects, including residential, commercial, infrastructural, hospitality etc.
- Highly cognizant and abreast with all applicable standards, legislations and practices applicable to the construction industry in Malta, including but not limited to public and private owners, general contractors, sub-trades, contracts, pricing, method of measurement, and more.
- A valid driving licence required to carry out site visits, valuations, bills of quantities and surveys;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft programmes, AutoCad, and CostX or similar cost estimating software.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal communication, and conflict resolution skills as well as attention to detail;
Candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.